We met in college many years ago and have been married for over 5 years. We live in Philadelphia with our pet bunny, Honey. Diagnosed with ovarian dysfunction, we knew our journey to get pregnant would be hard but we had no idea what we were in for. Our first appointment with our fertility clinic was in February of 2020 and after several failed IUIs, we moved on to IVF. Our first embryo transfer stuck and we were so excited to welcome our daughter in August of 2021, however, at 28 weeks we were told that there was no heartbeat. Our daughter, Isla Rose, was stillborn on 5/19/21. We miss her everyday. Following the loss of our daughter, we have had 2 miscarriages and 2 failed transfers and know that the best way to grow our family is to move forward with surrogacy. There are no amount of words that can express how grateful we will be to the woman who is willing to help us grow our family.
We live active and healthy lifestyles and love to travel and explore new cities. We also enjoy running and have both completed several marathons. Matt loves football and history (GO EAGLES!). In her free time, you can find Alyssa practicing yoga or watching The Real Housewives.
- Names: Alyssa & Matt
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Number of embryos: 4
- Agency: No.
- Fertility Clinic: Shady Grove Fertility
- What kind of relationship do you envision with your surrogate: We’d like to have a close relationship with a lot of communication!
- Surrogate Compensation: High 35,000-$45,000 range
- Requirements: Under age 42
The Biggest Ask Says
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine provides the following recommendations for evaluation of gestational carriers (i.e., many fertility clinics will require the following for their gestational carriers) :
- Carried at least 1 child without complications
- Fewer than 3 deliveries via c-section
- Body mass index in between 19 and 32
- No smoking, abusing drugs, alcohol or prescription medications
- Not receiving welfare, public housing or cash assistance from the government
- Has a stable home life with emotional and child care support
- No mental health conditions requiring the use of medications within the last 6 months (including depression)
- No criminal record
No one likes to talk about surrogate compensation, but it is an important factor in any surrogacy agreement. The following is how we classify high, medium and low compensation (excluding the value of any benefits). Many factors affect surrogate compensation including surrogate experience (e.g., has the woman been a surrogate before?), whether the surrogate is signed up with an agency and surrogate preferences.
- Low = surrogate compensation less than $20,000
- Medium = surrogate compensation between $20,000 and $40,000
- High = surrogate compensation greater than $40,000