We are a gay couple (34 & 30) with a beautiful daughter and two sweet dogs. We are from Italy and live in Milan but we both come from other beautiful places in the south of Italy in the seaside. We both come from large families (including a lesbian sister with 2 beautiful kids), and since we were children we always had the desire to raise our own. We have been together for 7 years and married for 1 year. Since we met, we discovered we had the same life project, so we started our journey in 2020 in the US, and it brought us our loved daughter. Since we first saw her, we fell in love with her and we’re trying to do our best for her, including giving her siblings.. We know how strong and precious the bond is between siblings and really want to try to give her one! Unfortunately, in Italy the process is not possible, so we’re lucky that the things are better in the US.
Benedetto is a MD, psychiatrist, and clinical sexologist. Antonio is a fashion designer. We both love our jobs very much, Benedetto loves to take care of his patients, Antonio is a very creative person. We also know there’s so much more than our jobs.
We love to travel, cook, take care of our plants (our house is almost a jungle), read lots of books, watch good tv shows, in general we love to have quality time with our family, friends, and taking care of our beautiful daughter and our two Italian Greyhounds.
- Names: Antonio & Benedetto
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Number of embryos: 5 PGS tested
- Agency: No
- Surrogate Compensation: High ($35,000-$45,000)
- 21-44 years old
- Less than 6 vaginal deliveries
- Less than 4 prior c-sections
- Taller than 4 ft 10in
- No history of pre-term labor/delivery
- No history of gestational hypertension or gestational diabetes
- No history of intrauterine growth restriction
- No history of thrombosis or life threatening blood condition of any kind
- No history of severe medical issues that would contraindicate with IVF treatment or pregnancy
- Covid vaccinations not mandatory but highly recommended
The Biggest Ask Says
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine provides the following recommendations for evaluation of gestational carriers (i.e., many fertility clinics will require the following for their gestational carriers) :
- Carried at least 1 child without complications
- Fewer than 3 deliveries via c-section
- Body mass index in between 19 and 32
- No smoking, abusing drugs, alcohol or prescription medications
- Not receiving welfare, public housing or cash assistance from the government
- Has a stable home life with emotional and child care support
- No mental health conditions requiring the use of medications within the last 6 months (including depression)
- No criminal record
No one likes to talk about surrogate compensation, but it is an important factor in any surrogacy agreement. The following is how we classify high, medium and low compensation (excluding the value of any benefits). Many factors affect surrogate compensation including surrogate experience (e.g., has the woman been a surrogate before?), whether the surrogate is signed up with an agency and surrogate preferences.
- Low = surrogate compensation less than $20,000
- Medium = surrogate compensation between $20,000 and $40,000
- High = surrogate compensation greater than $40,000