Ashley and Eric
Ashley & Eric have been together for 16 years (married for 8). They’ve been trying to achieve their dream of having a child for the last 7 years and have experienced incredible heartache and disappointment. They’ve tried countless IUIs (8) and IVF cycles (3), uterine surgeries (6), and later decided to use donor eggs without any success. Sadly, they experienced 3 miscarriages with their last embryo transfers. With the guidance of their doctor, they decided to pursue surrogacy for the best chance to expand their family. Words cannot describe how grateful Ashley & Eric are that you would be willing to consider becoming a possible gestational carrier for them. They appreciate your consideration in helping their dream become a reality. They thank you from the bottom of their hearts.
Ashley & Eric like to travel, whether it be road trips or international. They’ve been trying to visit as many national parks as possible. During these travels, Eric enjoys pursuing his passion of landscape photography, and Ashley has been slowly learning, but enjoys taking in the natural scenery. On the weekends, they love to camp and hike. They also enjoy attending sporting events (football, basketball, hockey), relaxing and binge watching tv shows, or hanging out with family and friends. Recently they built large planter boxes in their backyard to try their hand at home gardening and have had a few successful harvests. Ashley & Eric have 3 fur babies (2 cats – Eggo & Waffles, and 1 newly adopted dog – Maple). They hope to be able to add a human baby to their family in the near future to join them on these adventures.
- Names: Ashley & Eric
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Number of embryos: 5
- Agency: Family Source Consultants
- Fertility Clinic: Reproductive Science Center
- What kind of relationship do you envision with your surrogate: Medium to a lot of communication (i.e. general updates, ability to go to major appts, etc)
- Surrogate Compensation: High 35,000-$45,000 range
- Requirements: Covid-19 Vaccination and boosters, Age 21-40, No more than 5 previous deliveries
**A GC on the WEST COAST (CA, OR, WA) is preferred, however because they are using donor eggs, they would also be open to the following states: CO, CT, D.C, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, MD, ME, NC, NH, MJ, NM, NV, SC, TX, UT, WA, WV, VA, VT
The Biggest Ask Says
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine provides the following recommendations for evaluation of gestational carriers (i.e., many fertility clinics will require the following for their gestational carriers) :
- Carried at least 1 child without complications
- Fewer than 3 deliveries via c-section
- Body mass index in between 19 and 32
- No smoking, abusing drugs, alcohol or prescription medications
- Not receiving welfare, public housing or cash assistance from the government
- Has a stable home life with emotional and child care support
- No mental health conditions requiring the use of medications within the last 6 months (including depression)
- No criminal record
No one likes to talk about surrogate compensation, but it is an important factor in any surrogacy agreement. The following is how we classify high, medium and low compensation (excluding the value of any benefits). Many factors affect surrogate compensation including surrogate experience (e.g., has the woman been a surrogate before?), whether the surrogate is signed up with an agency and surrogate preferences.
- Low = surrogate compensation less than $20,000
- Medium = surrogate compensation between $20,000 and $40,000
- High = surrogate compensation greater than $40,000
You can learn more about how much surrogates get paid in our surrogacy guide’s module: “How much does surrogacy cost?”.
Feel Free to contact Ashley & Eric!
Could you be a surrogate for Ashley & Eric? Sign up with The Biggest Ask for free and start chatting!Contact Them!