Additional surrogate requirements that may vary from the ASRM guidelines
- Names: Austin & Ben Hayford-Moody
- Instagram Handle: admoody20
- Location: Overland Park, KS
- Number of embryos: 2 - both graded 4AB embryos. Starting another round of IVF in July
- Agency: No. We would prefer an Independent Journey.
- Fertility Clinic: The University of Kansas Center for Reproductive Medicine
- Surrogate Communication: We would like to be as hands on and present during the journey as our Gestational Surrogate feels comfortable with.
- Surrogate Compensation: Medium is somewhere between $25,000 and $40,000
The Biggest Ask Says
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine provides the following recommendations for evaluation of gestational carriers (i.e., many fertility clinics will require the following for their gestational carriers) :
- Carried at least 1 child without complications
- Fewer than 3 deliveries via c-section
- Body mass index in between 19 and 32
- No smoking, abusing drugs, alcohol or prescription medications
- Not receiving welfare, public housing or cash assistance from the government
- Has a stable home life with emotional and child care support
- No mental health conditions requiring the use of medications within the last 6 months (including depression)
- No criminal record
No one likes to talk about surrogate compensation, but it is an important factor in any surrogacy agreement. The following is how we classify high, medium and low compensation (excluding the value of any benefits). Many factors affect surrogate compensation including surrogate experience (e.g., has the woman been a surrogate before?), whether the surrogate is signed up with an agency and surrogate preferences.
- Low = surrogate compensation less than $20,000
- Medium = surrogate compensation between $20,000 and $40,000
- High = surrogate compensation greater than $40,000
Feel Free to contact Austin & Ben Hayford-Moody!
Could you be a surrogate for Austin & Ben Hayford-Moody? Sign up with The Biggest Ask for free and start chatting!