Bryan and Christine
I was diagnosed with what they thought was ADPKD (Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease) as a child. We ended up finding out 5 years ago that my disease was more rare than we had originally thought as a Geneticist at Mayo Clinic was able to find a mutation in my genes. It is so rare that they didn’t have any other cases like mine listed with Mayo and therefore weren’t sure what would happen to the progression of my disease if I were to carry. Fast forward, after talking with both my Nephrologist and OBGYN, it was decided that both due to my current medical condition and the unknown, it was best for me to not carry. We started our journey in 2020 and are blessed to have 2 embryos. We are hoping/praying to have a miracle baby!
Bryan and I originally met in college but didn’t start dating until later in life. We have been together for 5 years and just celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary in June! We love to spend time together doing just about anything. One of our favorite things to do is travel to new places together. We have a love for the outdoors and whale watching so we have gone to Washington multiple times along with trips to Alaska to go on whale watching boats. We are always looking for new places to go on hikes, especially if there are waterfalls at the end! Family is very important to us and we love traveling to Florida every year with them and usually always end up in the St. Pete’s Beach area! Bryan and I both share a love for our faith and music so we often attend Christian concerts when they are in the area. Bryan loves to play golf on his days off or attend sporting events. I enjoy reading, baking, and working out in my free time.
- Names: Bryan and Christine
- Location: Waseca, MN
- Number of embryos: 2
- Agency: No
- Surrogate Compensation: Medium ($20,000-$35,000)
- Age: 21-45
- BMI ideally <35
- Not more than 5 deliveries or 3 c-sections
- Covid Vaccine Optional
The Biggest Ask Says
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine provides the following recommendations for evaluation of gestational carriers (i.e., many fertility clinics will require the following for their gestational carriers) :
- Carried at least 1 child without complications
- Fewer than 3 deliveries via c-section
- Body mass index in between 19 and 32
- No smoking, abusing drugs, alcohol or prescription medications
- Not receiving welfare, public housing or cash assistance from the government
- Has a stable home life with emotional and child care support
- No mental health conditions requiring the use of medications within the last 6 months (including depression)
- No criminal record
No one likes to talk about surrogate compensation, but it is an important factor in any surrogacy agreement. The following is how we classify high, medium and low compensation (excluding the value of any benefits). Many factors affect surrogate compensation including surrogate experience (e.g., has the woman been a surrogate before?), whether the surrogate is signed up with an agency and surrogate preferences.
- Low = surrogate compensation less than $20,000
- Medium = surrogate compensation between $20,000 and $40,000
- High = surrogate compensation greater than $40,000
You can learn more about how much surrogates get paid in our surrogacy guide’s module: “How much does surrogacy cost?”.
Feel Free to contact Bryan & Christine!
Could you be a surrogate for Bryan & Christine? Sign up with The Biggest Ask for free and start chatting!Contact Them!