We have been experiencing secondary infertility for almost 4 years. We have a wonderful, thoughtful, and kind 6-year-old who is so ready for a sibling. We are too! We have had 9 miscarriages, 5 natural conceptions, and 4 IVF. We have learned that I have Asherman’s Syndrome and autoimmune conditions that are preventing continued pregnancy. Our last miscarriage landed me in the ICU with the outcome of being told I can no longer attempt pregnancy. Due to this, we are moving to surrogacy to help us complete our family. We are so ready and eager to meet the perfect person to help us!
Our weekends are currently consumed with watching our son play hockey, who knew what a time commitment that is but he absolutely loves it! We are learning to love the 7am double practices on the weekends and wouldn’t have it any other way! As a family, we enjoy playing around in our yard, watching movies, and riding our bikes.
- Names: Evan & Elisabeth
- Location: Southington, CT
- Number of embryos: 13
- Agency: New York Surrogacy Center
- Surrogate Compensation: High 35,000-$45,000 range
- Requirements: COVID Vaccination (not a matching requirement and willing to move IVF clinics)
The Biggest Ask Says
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine provides the following recommendations for evaluation of gestational carriers (i.e., many fertility clinics will require the following for their gestational carriers) :
- Carried at least 1 child without complications
- Fewer than 3 deliveries via c-section
- Body mass index in between 19 and 32
- No smoking, abusing drugs, alcohol or prescription medications
- Not receiving welfare, public housing or cash assistance from the government
- Has a stable home life with emotional and child care support
- No mental health conditions requiring the use of medications within the last 6 months (including depression)
- No criminal record
No one likes to talk about surrogate compensation, but it is an important factor in any surrogacy agreement. The following is how we classify high, medium and low compensation (excluding the value of any benefits). Many factors affect surrogate compensation including surrogate experience (e.g., has the woman been a surrogate before?), whether the surrogate is signed up with an agency and surrogate preferences.
- Low = surrogate compensation less than $20,000
- Medium = surrogate compensation between $20,000 and $40,000
- High = surrogate compensation greater than $40,000