Jaime and Marcio
I (Jaime) found out I was unexpectedly pregnant when i was in college and I have one amazing daughter who is now in college herself. Marcio has no children. Unfortunately, it took many years later to find someone that I wanted to bring a child into this world with purposefully. I actually thought it would never happen. And here I am. Due to my age when we started discussing building a family we immediately went to an RE & started the IVF process. Unfortunately, my RE has determined I’m unable to safely carry another pregnancy due to uterine scarring. So, we started heavily researching surrogacy and decided to pursue it. I’m so excited about the opportunity to raise a child that comes from such a place of love alongside a partner who will be there with me to share all the ups and downs of parenthood. And we’re beyond grateful that this path still gives us an opportunity to bring our child into this world.
Jaime is a nurse anesthetist who grew up in NC. She loves traveling and she has spent extensive time in other countries, speaks Spanish, and is definitely the more outgoing and talkative one. Marcio was born in Ecuador and grew up in Brazil where he served in the army for 8 years quickly working his way up to being an officer. He enjoys soccer, an active lifestyle, speaks Spanish & Portuguese, and is the more quiet reserved one. We met shortly after Marcio moved to Jaime’s city to be closer to family. He was in disbelief when he found an American southern girl who spoke Spanish and Jaime quickly became his guide to his new country & city. We have quite an amazing relationship and both have the utmost respect for each other. Our home is a peaceful and loving one. We love spending time together and enjoy cooking together, dancing (mainly just in our kitchen with no one watching), streaming our favorite shows, and going to the gym.. well Marcio enjoys going to the gym & Jaime sees it as a necessary evil.
- Names: Jaime & Marcio
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Number of embryos: 1 (tested & currently trying to bank more)
- Agency: No
- Surrogate Compensation: High ($35,000-$45,000)
- Requirements: Covid Vaccinations.
The Biggest Ask Says
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine provides the following recommendations for evaluation of gestational carriers (i.e., many fertility clinics will require the following for their gestational carriers) :
- Carried at least 1 child without complications
- Fewer than 3 deliveries via c-section
- Body mass index in between 19 and 32
- No smoking, abusing drugs, alcohol or prescription medications
- Not receiving welfare, public housing or cash assistance from the government
- Has a stable home life with emotional and child care support
- No mental health conditions requiring the use of medications within the last 6 months (including depression)
- No criminal record
No one likes to talk about surrogate compensation, but it is an important factor in any surrogacy agreement. The following is how we classify high, medium and low compensation (excluding the value of any benefits). Many factors affect surrogate compensation including surrogate experience (e.g., has the woman been a surrogate before?), whether the surrogate is signed up with an agency and surrogate preferences.
- Low = surrogate compensation less than $20,000
- Medium = surrogate compensation between $20,000 and $40,000
- High = surrogate compensation greater than $40,000
You can learn more about how much surrogates get paid in our surrogacy guide’s module: “How much does surrogacy cost?”.
Feel Free to contact Jaime & Marcio!
Could you be a surrogate for Jaime & Marcio? Sign up with The Biggest Ask for free and start chatting!Contact Them!