As a single parent to be, I have tried to fulfill my dreams to be a mom for 10 years. I started out attempting 4 IUIs and 2 IVF treatments only to find out that my eggs were of a poor quality. I just couldn’t keep heading down that infertility road anymore so after some time, I looked into infant domestic adoption. After four years of unsuccessful waiting and some encouragement from friends and family, I am now ready to pursue using a gestational carrier in hopes that my prayers will finally be answered. I can’t wait to go on this journey with you.
I love crafting projects like painting, vinyl crafts using my Cricut and sewing! I love to make special gifts for my family and friends as well as things for around the house. I love to take walks around my neighborhood. I enjoy traveling to the Jersey Shore for a long weekend in spring or fall, or for a week or two in the summer. A bike ride around town or relaxing while listening to the waves crash are my favorite past times there! I have also been keeping my sourdough starter busy baking muffins, pancakes, and waffles for my mom and I to eat. Homemade is so yummy!
What kind of relationship do you envision with your surrogate?
I hope that my surrogate and I will have a strong relationship during, as well as after the surrogacy process! I would love lots of communication and hopefully to attend appointments together, whether in person or virtually! What a wonderful gift my surrogate and their family will be to me and my future baby.
- Names: Laura Wayman
- Location: Exton, Pennsylvania
- Number of embryos: 2
- Agency: All About Love
- Fertility Clinic: Mainline Fertility in West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Surrogate Compensation: High 35,000-$45,000 range
The Biggest Ask Says
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine provides the following recommendations for evaluation of gestational carriers (i.e., many fertility clinics will require the following for their gestational carriers) :
- Carried at least 1 child without complications
- Fewer than 3 deliveries via c-section
- Body mass index in between 19 and 32
- No smoking, abusing drugs, alcohol or prescription medications
- Not receiving welfare, public housing or cash assistance from the government
- Has a stable home life with emotional and child care support
- No mental health conditions requiring the use of medications within the last 6 months (including depression)
- No criminal record
No one likes to talk about surrogate compensation, but it is an important factor in any surrogacy agreement. The following is how we classify high, medium and low compensation (excluding the value of any benefits). Many factors affect surrogate compensation including surrogate experience (e.g., has the woman been a surrogate before?), whether the surrogate is signed up with an agency and surrogate preferences.
- Low = surrogate compensation less than $20,000
- Medium = surrogate compensation between $20,000 and $40,000
- High = surrogate compensation greater than $40,000