Luis and Domi
We are a same sex couple who are looking to match with a surrogate. We started this journey in 2019 and after some challenges we finally have 7 embryos and we are ready to become parents! We would like to match with a surrogate who wants to keep in touch with us and become lifelong friends/family. We really appreciate, respect and love surrogates because they are not just changing the life of intended parents but also their own lives forever. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to know more about us or to be part of our journey!
We like hiking, traveling, baking and reading.
- Names: Luis & Domi
- Location: New York
- Number of embryos: 7
- Agency: Shining Light Baby
- Fertility Clinic: ORM
- Surrogate Compensation: High 35,000-$45,000 range
The Biggest Ask Says
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine provides the following recommendations for evaluation of gestational carriers (i.e., many fertility clinics will require the following for their gestational carriers) :
- Carried at least 1 child without complications
- Fewer than 3 deliveries via c-section
- Body mass index in between 19 and 32
- No smoking, abusing drugs, alcohol or prescription medications
- Not receiving welfare, public housing or cash assistance from the government
- Has a stable home life with emotional and child care support
- No mental health conditions requiring the use of medications within the last 6 months (including depression)
- No criminal record
No one likes to talk about surrogate compensation, but it is an important factor in any surrogacy agreement. The following is how we classify high, medium and low compensation (excluding the value of any benefits). Many factors affect surrogate compensation including surrogate experience (e.g., has the woman been a surrogate before?), whether the surrogate is signed up with an agency and surrogate preferences.
- Low = surrogate compensation less than $20,000
- Medium = surrogate compensation between $20,000 and $40,000
- High = surrogate compensation greater than $40,000
You can learn more about how much surrogates get paid in our surrogacy guide’s module: “How much does surrogacy cost?”.