As two women, we never imagined that we would find ourselves needing a surrogate but after 2.5 years of multiple failed at-home inseminations, IVF egg retrievals, IVF transfers, surgeries, sperm donors, miscarriages, one partner needing a hysterectomy and the other partner diagnosed with Asherman’s Disease/chronically thin lining, we are searching for a special someone to help us bring our child safely into this world. It’s been a long journey but we’ve remained optimistic, positive, and trusting that there is someone out there who will help us grow our family and hopefully become a part of our family too!
We love animals! We are big into rescue and fostering animals. We are a blended family and together we own four dogs and three cats – all rescues! We live in the Pacific Northwest so hiking trails and exploring is a big part of our lives during the summer. In the winter, we mostly enjoying cuddling up near the fireplace and staying dry. We love going to wine tastings, trying new restaurants, and weekend getaways with the animals to explore a new area.
- Names: Maggie & Sarah
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Number of embryos: 5
- Agency: BabyBoom Surrogacy USA
- Surrogate Compensation: High ($35,000-$45,000)
- Requirements: Will allow 6+ births
The Biggest Ask Says
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine provides the following recommendations for evaluation of gestational carriers (i.e., many fertility clinics will require the following for their gestational carriers) :
- Carried at least 1 child without complications
- Fewer than 3 deliveries via c-section
- Body mass index in between 19 and 32
- No smoking, abusing drugs, alcohol or prescription medications
- Not receiving welfare, public housing or cash assistance from the government
- Has a stable home life with emotional and child care support
- No mental health conditions requiring the use of medications within the last 6 months (including depression)
- No criminal record
No one likes to talk about surrogate compensation, but it is an important factor in any surrogacy agreement. The following is how we classify high, medium and low compensation (excluding the value of any benefits). Many factors affect surrogate compensation including surrogate experience (e.g., has the woman been a surrogate before?), whether the surrogate is signed up with an agency and surrogate preferences.
- Low = surrogate compensation less than $20,000
- Medium = surrogate compensation between $20,000 and $40,000
- High = surrogate compensation greater than $40,000