My husband, Nate and I are looking for a gestational surrogate to help us complete our family, and give our daughter a sibling. Eleanor was born with the help of our incredible surrogate in 2020, but unfortunately she can’t carry for us again. We have been married almost 5 years and together for more than 9. We live in Eustis, FL, which is just NW of Orlando. We would love for our surrogate to be nearby, so we can be involved as much as possible in the pregnancy but it’s not a deal breaker. Due to childhood chronic illness, I am unable to carry or use my own eggs so we will be using donor eggs. We are looking for a surrogate who meets basic requirements, preferably has surrogate friendly insurance (but not a deal breaker), and maybe most importantly, we want to build a friendship with this person that lasts a lifetime. We went independently the first time, and want to do independent again. I spent several months before our first journey joining all the groups and reading everything I could. I learned so much and feel very confident in this process, especially having done it once now too. If this sounds like you, or you have any questions feel free to DM me. We look forward to meeting you and completely this journey with you!❤️
As a family, we enjoy doing things outdoors but especially the beach, traveling, college football, and trying new foods and restaurants. We are very close to both of our families and enjoy spending time with them as much as possible as well as with friends. We do family dinners once a week , and weekends are spent cheering on our nieces and nephews at their respective sporting events.
- Names: Nate & Kate
- Location: Eustis, FL
- Number of embryos: 1 on ice, but about to create more.
- Agency: No, Independent
- Surrogate Compensation: Medium ($20,000-$35,000)
- Requirements: Our clinic requires surrogates to be COVID vaccinated.
The Biggest Ask Says
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine provides the following recommendations for evaluation of gestational carriers (i.e., many fertility clinics will require the following for their gestational carriers) :
- Carried at least 1 child without complications
- Fewer than 3 deliveries via c-section
- Body mass index in between 19 and 32
- No smoking, abusing drugs, alcohol or prescription medications
- Not receiving welfare, public housing or cash assistance from the government
- Has a stable home life with emotional and child care support
- No mental health conditions requiring the use of medications within the last 6 months (including depression)
- No criminal record
No one likes to talk about surrogate compensation, but it is an important factor in any surrogacy agreement. The following is how we classify high, medium and low compensation (excluding the value of any benefits). Many factors affect surrogate compensation including surrogate experience (e.g., has the woman been a surrogate before?), whether the surrogate is signed up with an agency and surrogate preferences.
- Low = surrogate compensation less than $20,000
- Medium = surrogate compensation between $20,000 and $40,000
- High = surrogate compensation greater than $40,000