Val and Joe
Joe (35) and I (Val, 34) started dating in high school and eventually got married in spring of 2014. We always knew we wanted a large family, and started trying right away since we knew there would be some bumps in the road since I have PCOS and Endometriosis. After rounds of IUIs, we started IVF. We went through 2 egg retrievals and currently have 7 frozen embryos. We had 3 failed transfers and after multiple D&Cs, uterine biopsies, and medications, I was diagnosed with atypical hyperplasia. Our best hope at starting a family was surrogacy. My amazing friend offered to be our GC in 2020 and gave birth to our amazing miracle baby! We are praying to extend our family by finding a surrogate who will help us with a sibling journey!
Joe works full time as a firefighter/AEMT and I am a full time LPN in Women’s Health/OBGYN. We enjoy spending time with our kiddo and pug (Gus). You will most likely see Joe grilling, poolside with our son, or watching movies. I am most likely to be found cuddled up with a book or spending time with family and friends.
- Names: Joe & Val
- Location: Emporia, Kansas
- Number of embryos: 7
- Agency: No, Independent
- Surrogate Compensation: Low (<$20,000)
- Requirements: Up to date on vaccinations (COVID vaccines are not required)
The Biggest Ask Says
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine provides the following recommendations for evaluation of gestational carriers (i.e., many fertility clinics will require the following for their gestational carriers) :
- Carried at least 1 child without complications
- Fewer than 3 deliveries via c-section
- Body mass index in between 19 and 32
- No smoking, abusing drugs, alcohol or prescription medications
- Not receiving welfare, public housing or cash assistance from the government
- Has a stable home life with emotional and child care support
- No mental health conditions requiring the use of medications within the last 6 months (including depression)
- No criminal record
No one likes to talk about surrogate compensation, but it is an important factor in any surrogacy agreement. The following is how we classify high, medium and low compensation (excluding the value of any benefits). Many factors affect surrogate compensation including surrogate experience (e.g., has the woman been a surrogate before?), whether the surrogate is signed up with an agency and surrogate preferences.
- Low = surrogate compensation less than $20,000
- Medium = surrogate compensation between $20,000 and $40,000
- High = surrogate compensation greater than $40,000
You can learn more about how much surrogates get paid in our surrogacy guide’s module: “How much does surrogacy cost?”.
Feel Free to contact Val & Joe!
Could you be a surrogate for Val & Joe? Sign up with The Biggest Ask for free and start chatting!Contact Them!