- MemberOctober 11, 2022 at 6:25 pm
@hanna My Husband and I are IP’s looking for a match and we would definitely consider a profile like yours. To me your complicated first pregnancy was more a result of circumstance (Amazing twin pregnancy) and not an actual physical condition that makes all pregnancies complicated. And that seems to be backed up by your issue free subsequent pregnancies. My only issue would be if the clinic would clear you. Like MJ said, all the clinics seem to have different guidelines. I have heard of IP’s changing clinics to stick with a surrogate, but I’m not sure I’d be comfortable moving my embryos to another clinic. Also, make sure you try and stick with single embryo transfers, if you want, just for your health. The clinic may actually require this given the complicated twin pregnancy, though we all know twins could still happen.
Maybe when you match, it would be good for the IP’s to immediately discuss your history with their clinic and see if it’s a go before going too far down the line. You probably don’t want to go through legal and everything only to find out the clinic won’t OK you to carry. That would be heartbreaking. But knowing up front, fairly soon after you find your IP’s would at least allow you and the IP’s to find other matches without losing too much time, or to formulate a different plan together without losing too much time. I hope that helps! We are still new and learning too, but I know there are other IP’s out there who wouldn’t count you out! Good Luck!2
The Biggest Ask Forums
Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other surrogates or intended parents across the USA. Register to contribute at https://thebiggestask.com/register/.
YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE!
The Biggest Ask forum will be carefully monitored by admin. Users may be asked to re phrase their comments or questions if it comes across as insensitive or harsh. You must be signed in to contribute. Click here to register.
There are two major rules enforced:
- Be respectful
Our aim is to be a place where intended parents and surrogates can get unbiased information about surrogacy in peace. Please refrain from judging others or criticising their choices. Our admin will follow closely and delete any disrespectful comments.
- Respect each other's privacy
Being part of this community requires mutual trust. Authentic and honest discussions will make this forum amazing, but many things said might be private and sensitive.
What's shared here should stay here.
How the Forum works:
- Users can earn points:
- 5 points for starting a conversation that is relevant to surrogacy (limited to one question a day users can ask more questions but they just get 5 points for one)
- Awarding 5 points for answering a question AND getting a "like". Every additional "like" the person gets earns them 1 additional point.
- Every week, all users are awarded 5 likes to distribute as they choose. The likes don't roll over so it's just 5 likes a week that they can distribute.
- Once a user earns 100 points, we get notified and you'll receive a $100 amazon gift card.
- Getting a certain number of points will get you the rank of "experienced surrogate" or "experienced intended parent".