- MemberNovember 22, 2022 at 10:48 pm
You have so many good ideas! Wanted to share a couple gifts I did throughout our journey.
Framed ultrasound picture that said “love at first sight”
Big sister bandana for their dog + gender-neutral onesie that said my sibling has paws (they were pet parents)
Gender-themed outfit after gender reveal — once they found out they were having a boy I got them a onesie that said “boys will be boys(crossed out) smart and sensitive.”
Other ideas would be goodies from your hometown, a surrogacy journal, a fun print for the nursery (my fave says “We Made a Wish and You Came True”, fun matching t-shirts you could wear at transfer, appointments, or delivery.1
The Biggest Ask Forums
Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other surrogates or intended parents across the USA. Register to contribute at https://thebiggestask.com/register/.
YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE!
The Biggest Ask forum will be carefully monitored by admin. Users may be asked to re phrase their comments or questions if it comes across as insensitive or harsh. You must be signed in to contribute. Click here to register.
There are two major rules enforced:
- Be respectful
Our aim is to be a place where intended parents and surrogates can get unbiased information about surrogacy in peace. Please refrain from judging others or criticising their choices. Our admin will follow closely and delete any disrespectful comments.
- Respect each other's privacy
Being part of this community requires mutual trust. Authentic and honest discussions will make this forum amazing, but many things said might be private and sensitive.
What's shared here should stay here.
How the Forum works:
- Users can earn points:
- 5 points for starting a conversation that is relevant to surrogacy (limited to one question a day users can ask more questions but they just get 5 points for one)
- Awarding 5 points for answering a question AND getting a "like". Every additional "like" the person gets earns them 1 additional point.
- Every week, all users are awarded 5 likes to distribute as they choose. The likes don't roll over so it's just 5 likes a week that they can distribute.
- Once a user earns 100 points, we get notified and you'll receive a $100 amazon gift card.
- Getting a certain number of points will get you the rank of "experienced surrogate" or "experienced intended parent".